Medical Alert Monitoring Service
With Alert1®'s nationwide medical alert monitoring service, help is always available at the push of a button. When you press the emergency call button, a signal is sent to the monitoring console, which is connected to a standard phone line. An alarm is immediately sent to an emergency response center. Within moments, a highly trained operator is on the line, ready to help, 24 hours a day. And, our operators will stay on the line with the customer in an emergency--until help arrives.
Certified US-Based Emergency Response Centers
The Alert1 commitment to quality and responsiveness is particularly important for our emergency response centers. Alert1 has partnered with a company that has specialized in emergency monitoring for the past 28 years. This partner has multiple monitoring centers located in the United States that can keep answering calls even if a natural or man-made disaster takes one of the centers offline.
These emergency monitoring centers are CSAA Five Diamond Certified, which means they undergo a rigorous certification process each year and commit to quality standards. Additionally, the centers are subject to random inspections and are certified by UL Labs, a nationally recognized testing laboratory. All operators are US-based English speakers and have access to a team of translators that can speak 50 other languages in addition to English.
The Right Help in Any Emergency
The Alert1 monitoring service provides an important lifeline for seniors with chronic conditions that increase their risk of falling, or which could leave the senior in a state in which they need help rapidly. However, emergency monitoring can also help a senior living alone figure out the right type of help to summon--police, fire, medical, or a friend, neighbor of family member--depending on the situation.
Not all emergency monitoring services are created equal. When evaluating different providers, consider the following:
- How long has the provider been in the business of delivering emergency monitoring?
- Is the provider following industry standards for quality and reliability?
- Is the provider commited to ongoing training and process improvements?
- Has the provider invested in standby generators with multiple independent fuel sources which allows continuous alarm monitoring despite equipment failures, storms, or outages?
- Does the provider stay on the phone with the customer until help arrives, or does the provider request emergency assistance and then disconnect the call?
- Has the provider invested in facilities that are in different geographic areas to avoid a local disaster shutting down the emergency response centers?
- Has the provider invested in infrastructure, facilities and training to ensure that an alarm signal will never be lost, even if one of the response centers has a major failure?
Alert1 has partnered with AvantGuard Monitoring Centers because they have built a leading infrastructure to dramatically reduce the possibility that you or a loved one will be unprotected in case of a disaster in or near the monitoring center.
Order an Alert1 system with a highly reliable and professional medical alert service to help you or your loved one live safely and independently, all day long, every day of the year.